Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Staff!
Mei can be seen to be happy at one minute and angry the next if you say a wrong comment. Sometimes unpredictable as she is, she can be quite predictable. She loooves Yaoi so much and is usually seen doing stuff to males with her sister, Nobara. But this yaoi fan-girl means well, and wants everyone to get along on her site and wants it to be one of the best. Be careful around her and Nobara, they're usually the one to leave you shocked- or scarred. but they mean well... Maybe. And, usually you can see them bickering over pandas, cause Mei looves them while Nobara despises them.
~~
Nobara, random, often hyper, friendly to most and as unpredictable and lethal as one of the volcanos on her freezing lil island. She's a yaoi fangirl which strives to make everybody around her become victim to her man on man hobby. Be careful never to turn your back on her, or you will find a sharpened toothpick between your shoulder blades. Her cheerfulness and hyperness often spike when around her beloved sister, Mei the head admin, and they do enjoy wrecking havoc. Mention dolphins or pandas around Nobara, and you will get killed. No questions asked. Nobara enjoys torturing lifeanddeath whenever she can.
~~
I don't know what to say in this tiny little box. What do you want from me people!? WORDS?! With a yawn and probable shrug of indifference we arrive at the final Admin. lifeanddeath, an insomniac that constantly has to fend off random attacks from his two fellow admins who are certain he should star in their latest yaoi fanfic. Also known as LAD, Life, Lifey, Bitch, and Man Servant depending on who you ask. His often relaxed and often silent manner, might just leave you wondering if he fell asleep mid conversation, at least until he randomly joins the conversation, but it is likely he may disappear quickly afterwards. You could wonder what he might be doing in that silence, perhaps working on one of his ridiculously long apps, modding, or in the rare case sleeping. Whatever he is doing, you should be careful not to mention knifes....any sharp objects.
Latest topics
» Sleepover at Keira's! PRIVATE so nobody gets their eyes burned. Unless you feel like reading.
Western Foothills. EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 am by Val

» The beginning of the end
Western Foothills. EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 am by Shizumaru Hirameki

» 2nd Division Vice-Captain visits Division 1!
Western Foothills. EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 pm by Mizaki Retsu

» Some fun under the sun (Nobara, Mei and Keira only.)
Western Foothills. EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:37 pm by squirrel101

» Burning The Midnight Oil
Western Foothills. EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:45 pm by Mizaki Retsu

» Other sites
Western Foothills. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm by Nicholas

» Fluo Pluvia
Western Foothills. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:30 pm by Nobara Funesto

» A day with commander
Western Foothills. EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:38 pm by squirrel101

» All time FAVORITE Bleach character and why?
Western Foothills. EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 pm by Maiden Astraea

Word Count !

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit

Western Foothills.

2 posters

Go down

Western Foothills. Empty Western Foothills.

Post by Nicholas Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Pulling himself up and over the edge of the small rock face, Nicholas dusted the front of his pant legs off before he started walking again. After riding the train out of town for more than forty five minutes, he'd gotten off at what had resembled little more than a concrete platform in the middle of nowhere, out in the series of foothills to the west of Karakura. Following that he had started hiking north along a forest trail nearly overgrown with brush for another two and a half miles before leaving the trail and continuing west, nearly spraining his ankle several times on the terrain he'd forgotten over the course of the last year, and after nearly another hour of hiking over the rough terrain he was almost at his destination, the peak of another foothill. While he was a little curious as to how the shinigami would find the place out here, even with the map, he wasn't at all concerned - even if they didn't show, it'd still be a refreshing retreat from his everyday routine, and he'd be back just in time to start gathering the books he'd need for the next semester. Pushing through another wall of undergrowth, Nicholas smiled inwardly as he walked into the familiar clearing, a small lake just visible through the trees on the other side. Kneeling down, Nicholas removed his hiking pack and began pulling out the components for the small one person tent he'd picked up before leaving town.
Nicholas
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Western Foothills. Empty Re: Western Foothills.

Post by Mazuki Aosora Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:42 pm

After racing across all over town from one place to another, due to false directions, Mazuki was able to locate the train station and follow its latest destination. He was able to pick up some tips from the humans that noticed the guy who took the train. Apparently he looked ordinary but too weird for normal humans get too near. From there he came to a rock face that had a set of foot prints that were fresh on the area. Of course they had to be his. The footsteps seemed to have more pressure in them than normal walking. Seems he had began to hike in an area with shifty surface. Surfaces that weren't as flat as city pavement. After several hours of travel that consisted of following train tracks, hiking and flying through forestry, and taking several breaks from the over all oblivion that was this trail of a thousand hells, Mazuki was able to get to an open area that seemed to a peak of a giant foothill. Of all places in the world, this surely was REMOTE. Mazuki had never seen a place like this. There wasn't a town for miles away and the only food to live off of was what you could find out in this wilderness. Looking around he had finally found that guy he had been searching for. In a way he was pissed at the fact that his idea for a safe location a much much closer than this (not to mention had a kitchen) but as they say, 'The costumer's always right.'

"HEY!" Mazuki yelled out across the plain. He began to hobble towards the boy a bit due to the unbelievable traveling he had to deal with. However, as much pain he was in and how mad he was, he had enough time to travel to get over it, so he happily neutral about the idea. "I'm here. Wasn't easy, especially when you don't give directions." Mazuki stretched his back until it popped then he just flopped on his butt on a rock and just stared at the boy for a bit. "Like you requested. I'm alone. I also don't have my sword. So, any other request you want me to take care of? Hot blanket and a tea?" As much as he would love to service this guy like the little prince he is, Mazuki was hoping that his extreme seggestions would come to an end. At this moment, he should at the least have a smile on his face (hell a smirk would be nice) to the fact that someone actually came out his like he asked. Mazuki sat there with a long face trying now to bitch this guy out for this mess so he simply waited for his net duty. "So before we get started with anything. I've been walking around here with only your face planted in my noggin. Do you have a name?" Mazuki thought it would be nice to know his employeers name, otherwise he will refer to him a 'little kid' until he got mad enough to tell him. "You know mine. It's only nice to give yours in return."
Mazuki Aosora
Mazuki Aosora

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Kneeling down on one knee in front of the small tent with the slightly smaller pack in front of him, Nicholas barely reacted to the voice yelling behind him - since he no longer had the need to try and suppress his presence he'd felt the shinigami the almost the instant he'd come within two miles of the campsite.

"I thought I'd left a map with the location marked out along with the note." Nicholas said, finally standing up with a small fishing rod in his hands. "And nothing for me, although I'm not sure whether or not you need to eat. If so, I've got another rod here in the pack, and this is the best time of day to go fishing. Besides, the best spot for it is near the bottom of this foothill and by the time we finish it'll be getting close to evening, and we'll still need to collect firewood." Listening to the rest of the man's rant, Nicholas simply shrugged before replying.

"I can't see any harm in telling you at this point. It's Nicholas."
Nicholas
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazuki Aosora Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Mazuki looked around the general area. Night was a couple hours or so away and once it got dark food would be harder to get. Plus firewood was crucial at the moment. "Well, nice to officially meet you Nickolas. If Mazuki doesn't suit your taste, call me Mazu or Zuki. I go by many nicknames." The atmosphere was a bit relaxed an somewhat comfortable. Mazuki didn't expect this at first but now that he was here it was worth the trip. "Well, I don't have my sword, so unless you have a hatchet, you not getting any free logs. I've never really fished so right now I can't help you." Mazuki wasn't sure what a person of his caliber could do at this kind of situation. As far as manual labor, he hasn't do much in years. He knew how to do simple chores but as far as camping he hadn't had a clue. "Tell ya what, you get the food, and I'll cook it. Also, since I'm your guardian at the moment. I'll keep watch. If you have any other ideas just tell me what to do."

Mazuki got up and stretched. The rock he sat on was anything but comfortable and now he had a crick in his spine. He looked around to see what there was. Some trees and some herbs. If anything tonight will at least be eventful, so if this progresses then maybe he will be able to ster something up. He began to wonder about his previous statement though. Did you make fire with dry or fresh wood? He hadn't been this far outside of Karakura and in the city there wasn't any need to make a fire. The thought of being safe inside his air conditioned home with a night bowl of strawberries was sounding really good right now.

Mazuki wasn't sure what else he could do. He can remember his recipes like a plead. He may not be that good with trivial things like camping but as long as he had a knife and a pan, he could make anything happen. Another thought came to mind. He had been traveling all this whole time on his own. The idea of changing into a gigai hasn't crossed him mind before and would had made it easier for him to get around the city. There was no use in pouting over it now, but if he had taken it, then it would of helped out here. No matter, he needed to pick it up from his home when he got back.
Mazuki Aosora
Mazuki Aosora

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Nicholas shrugged again at Mazuki's statement.

"It's not like we need to cut trees or branches down and apart, there's plenty of drywood around, and it hasn't rained in weeks. Just look around, and if it's as thick as your wrist or bigger, bring it to the campsite. As for food, I was just intending to roast some fish over the fire, nothing fancy. Anyway, I'll be back in an hour or two, and I'll bring kindling along with dinner." Nicholas said, moving past Mazuki and into the brush again as he began making his way downhill. It was a pain in the ass, but it'd at least serve to get him back in physical shape again - while he was still easily able to take on the best fighters in Karakura and win without injury, he fully recognized that his physical condition had been slowly and steadily declining since he stopped regularly visiting a dojo more than a year ago. On the other hand, late afternoons and evenings were going to be the most relaxed parts of the day despite the work based on his intended schedule, so he might as well enjoy it while he could.
Nicholas
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazuki Aosora Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:25 pm

"Alright, if that's all you need. While I'm searching I'll find some herbs for dinner. Sorry but I'm cooking. It's not a request!" Mazuki sprinted off into the orchid of trees. There were wide varieties of dead branches all along the ground. Mazuki stepped from tree to tree looking for anything that looked dead, besides the couple animals he found. He considered using a number of the dead squirrels on the ground for dinner but if it's rotten then Nick would probably die. That idea would be best saved for a rainy day, so he continued to he mass printing for branches and herbs. He collected some Evergreen branches and some dead limbs from flowers bushes. After some time he had collected enough to bring back into camp. He took off he top robes and wrapped the giant bundle of wood into a sack for him to carry back. Usually for Mazuki, manual labor wouldn't be something he'd like however he did get to run around the trees and bushes playing hide-and-seek with the environment. It reminded him of his childhood. He looked around for anything that he would consider using for cooking.

Mazuki walked over to a patch of tall grass. There was a smell in the air that seemed familiar. He gazed down at the grass in the distance and noticed that it wasn't grass. He ran to the patch and pulled from the ground the garlic plant that was in the area. It seemed someone used to live out his years ago and raised a garden but must have left. Anyway, the plant was natural and unharmed. He only need one so he left the rest alone. He looked around for rosemary and maybe basil but so far no luck. He crawled around the ground to see what he could find with his nose. The dirt began to get all over his body and something weird popped into Mazuki's head. 'Do I like getting dirty?' Mazuki knelled upright and thought about that idea for a bit. The more he pondered on it the more it disturbed him. He tried to not think about it that much but the more he tried the more he wanted the think on it. He turned over on his back and layed shirtless on the ground thinking. Not really thinking about anything but just laying wondering about himself. He stayed on the ground smelling the sweet spring air.
Mazuki Aosora
Mazuki Aosora

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Arriving at the bottom of the miniature mountain and walking out from the brush and trees, Nicholas moved out into the open, the ground under his feet no longer dirt but a collection of rounded gray and brown rocks, ranging in size from small pebbles to stones the size of his fist. A few meters ahead of him was a river, which while deceptively shallow was actually over a meter deep at its deepest, and was usually populated by several different kinds of small fish during the mornings and evenings. Walking to the edge of the river, Nicholas pulled a small box from the pocket of his cargo pants that had several table scraps he'd put aside the night before, and after baiting the line he propped the fishing rod upright with several rocks and sat next to it and waited as he sat crosslegged next to it and waited, once again reflecting on the events that had brought him there. While he fully realized he'd need to master some sort of control over his spiritual presence, he also was uneasy about being contacted by them rather than the other way around. He'd lived in Karakura for over a year, and while it had admittedly grown stronger since his arrival, he'd always possessed the ability to see and detect spirits, and he could not understand why they had suddenly changed their approach towards him. At the very least those two that had confronted him were interested in his abilites, but he had no idea as to why or whether or not their interest extended to the rest of their kind - all Nicholas knew was that it would pay to keep his eyes and ears open, and he intended to learn as much as he could without having to give them anything he might regret later.
Nicholas
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazuki Aosora Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:35 pm

After several hours of lying around, Mazuki had finally awoken on the ground covered in dirt and leaves. He stood up and was about to dust himself off but stopped and just let the dirt lay on him. "This is...a bit weird." Mazuki looked at the sun, it was almost dining time and he needed to cook for that kid Nick. He picked up his branches wrapped in his robes and picked up the herbs he had acquired. When he was ready he smelled something familiar. It was was the smell of citrus. He turned and there was a lemon tree. The time of the month was at the point were most trees lose there fruits and leaves, but this tree had one last lemon left. This was actually perfect and was what would perfect his meal tonight. He plunked the lemon and sniff it's sweet and sour aroma. It was in perfect condition. It was soft and juicy and the texture was excellent. He stuffed the lemon in his pocket with the herbs and headed back to camp.

Mazuki walked towards the campsite where he assumed Nickolas would still be. While walking he sniffed the air in the fields. It was sweet from the dieing leaves in the air. Autumn was the best time of the year because of this. However at the same time, there was another smell. It was faint bit it was there. It was a hint of rain in the air. It was possible back in Karakura, however it was most likely not going to be coming this way but Mazuki wouldn't be surprised if it did. Mazuki made it back to camp and Nick was gone. Wasn't too big of a deal, he was probably off getting fish for dinner tonight. While he was going that, Mazuki took the branches he found and began to make a fire. He took some hair, dead grass and leaves and started rapidly rubbing the branches on top of them causing fiction. He continued until he could smell the faint scent of smoke.
Mazuki Aosora
Mazuki Aosora

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Cutting the fishing line again with the swiss army knife he'd brought along and returning the multipurpose tool to the right thigh pocket of his cargo pants, Nicholas tied the newly severed line to a stick he had propped up in the same way he had the fishing rod, adding the fish to the several others in the river attached to the stick the same way. Collapsing the fishing rod, Nicholas set about the unpleasant task of killing the fish, hammering the thin, nail like file of the swiss army knife through each fish's head as quickly and cleanly as he could - as much as he hated the task, he knew that it was better than the slow, suffocating death they'd endure if he simply carried them up to the camp as they were. Once he was done he cleaned off the file in the river and returned the tool to his pocket again before walking up the small mountain with the fish and rod, smelling smoke the instant he entered the clearing. Laying the fish on a flat rock by the tent Nicholas walked over the Mazuki and the smoldering tinder.
"I've got this. The fish are over by the tent, and the quicker we finish eating the better - I want to get to bed as early as possible so we can start as early as we can tomorrow."
Nicholas
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum